A flag made out of $1 bills hung at the No Comment art show, which featured art inspired by the Occupy Wall Street protests this past weekend.
Hyperallergic’s Liza Eliano explains re: the flag, “Things got a bit tense and uncomfortable though when visitors began to set fire to the flag. One of the show’s organizers soon told them to stop.” A review and more photos over at Hyperallergic.
What ya’ll expect a bunch of loose assemblage of anti-Big Money protesters to do when they are told that someone made a flag full of money in honor of their protest? Art is active. Art is living. Burn it! That is the most noble sacrifice art can make to move from creation to destruction so that something else can be created in its place. Can you imagine what can be created from the ashes of such a feat? Oooh. I’m getting ideas. The ashes go into an urn and there’s a whole new project there. Then you hold a currency funeral and pay the expenses by bartering your service in the funeral home. Symbolic see? Money is dead. Spend time. Wow! I hate that I ain’t got the ear of this organizer so I could chew them out.
23 Notes/ Hide
- empolgante reblogged this from cheatsheet
- oatmealandaliens likes this
- aomuse reblogged this from cheatsheet and added:
- junmai likes this
- the6thborough likes this
- blog-blond reblogged this from cheatsheet
- aomuse likes this
- vegansquirrelmonster likes this
- adultpropaganda likes this
- spendgrowgive reblogged this from cheatsheet and added:
- ohsnapitsed likes this
- cheshireshea-braving-wanderlust likes this
- ashleyandherweekofwonders likes this
- cheatsheet posted this